Online Whiteboard Guide
How do online whiteboards integrate with other collaboration tools?
- Video Conferencing Tools: Online whiteboards can be integrated with video conferencing tools to enable simultaneous collaboration and communication.
- Project Management Tools: Integrating project management tools with online whiteboards allows for task creation and progress tracking.
- Document Management Tools: Integration with document management tools allows team members to share and collaborate on documents in real-time.
- Chat Tools: Integrating chat tools with online whiteboards enables real-time communication and discussion while collaborating.
- Screen-Sharing Tools: Integration with screen-sharing tools allows for real-time sharing and collaboration on presentations and ideas.
- Note-Taking Tools: Integrating note-taking tools enables capturing and saving notes and ideas from the whiteboard for later reference.
- Design Tools: Integration with design tools allows for simultaneous design mockup creation and collaboration on the whiteboard.
- Task Automation Tools: Integrating task automation tools can automate tasks based on actions taken on the whiteboard.
- Mind-Mapping Tools: Online whiteboards can integrate with mind-mapping tools to create and collaborate on mind maps in real-time.
- Time-Tracking Tools: Integrating time-tracking tools enables team members to monitor their productivity and ensure they meet project deadlines.
In remote work circumstances today, collaboration is inevitable for teams to accomplish their tasks. That’s why online whiteboards are now more favored than ever for teams to collaborate in real-time. In this post, we’re going to explain how these whiteboards can integrate with other collaboration tools to help you get connected to your team members and finalize your projects while you’re far apart.
1. Video Conferencing Tools
Online whiteboards can be integrated with video conferencing tools like Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, and others. This integration helps team members collaborate on the whiteboard and have a video conference at the same time. This means that team members can brainstorm and work on their projects simultaneously.
2. Project Management Tools
You can integrate online whiteboards with project management tools too, including Trello and Asana. After such an integration, you and your team members can create tasks on the whiteboard and assign them to each other. This helps team members check their progress and provide updates regarding the status of their tasks.
3. Document Management Tools
Document management tools such as Google Drive and Dropbox can be integrated with online whiteboards. So, you’ll be able to upload/share documents on the whiteboard and collaborate on documents simultaneously.
4. Chat Tools
Online whiteboards can also be integrated with chat tools like Slack, Microsoft Teams, and others. This integration allows team members to communicate and chat in real-time while collaborating on the whiteboard.
5. Screen-Sharing Tools
Online whiteboards can be integrated with screen-sharing tools like Screenleap, Join.me, and many others. This helps you and your coworkers to share your screens and collaborate on the whiteboard in real-time. This is especially useful when team members need to present or discuss ideas.
6. Note-Taking Tools
Teams can also integrate their online whiteboards with note-taking tools such as Evernote and OneNote. After such an integration, members of the organization can capture notes and ideas from the whiteboard and save them in their note-taking tool. This enables team members to review and refer to their notes later.
7. Design Tools
Online whiteboards can be integrated with design tools like Sketch, Figma, and others to help designers create and collaborate on design mockups on the whiteboard. Members will be able to provide feedback and apply changes simultaneously.
8. Task Automation Tools
You can also integrate your online whiteboard with task automation tools such as Zapier and IFTTT to automate your tasks based on actions taken on the whiteboard. For example, you can create a task in a project management tool when a note is added to the whiteboard.
9. Mind-Mapping Tools
Online whiteboards can be integrated with mind-mapping tools like MindMeister, Coggle, and others. Teams can take advantage of this integration to create mind maps on the whiteboard and collaborate in real-time. Then, team members will be able to organize and visualize their ideas.
10. Time-Tracking Tools
Online whiteboards can also be integrated with time-tracking tools like Toggl, Harvest, and others. Members of the team can track use this integration to track their time spent on tasks created on the whiteboard. Then, they can monitor their productivity and ensure they are meeting project deadlines.
Integrating online whiteboards with other collaboration tools can take your remote collaboration to the next level. Combining these different tools helps team leaders streamline their workflow and save time. That’s because online whiteboards offer a flexible platform for teams to work together on projects, brainstorm ideas, and share information.
The ability to integrate these whiteboards with multiple other collaboration tools makes them a valuable asset for remote teams looking to enhance their collaboration efforts.